- 1 University of Exeter
- 2 University of Exeter Accessible Courses
- 3 University of Exeter Acceptance Rate
- 4 University of Exeter Eligibility Requirements
- 5 University of Exeter Admission Process
- 6 Process to Apply at University of Exeter
- 7 Scholarships and Financial Assistance
- 8 Contact Information for the University of Exeter
University of Exeter
The University of Exeter is a public institution in Exeter, England, founded in 1955. The University of Exeter is ranked in the top 2% of universities in the world. The institution belongs to the Russell Group, which includes the greatest research-intensive universities in the United Kingdom, and has 4 branches: Streatham, St Luke’s, Truro, and Penryn. The majority of the University of Exeter’s administrative buildings are located on the Streatham campus, which is the largest of the four.
The institution’s annual income for 2020-21 was GBP 503.1 million, with expenditures of GBP 512.8 million and grant money and contracts of GBP 94.6 million. The University of Exeter is globally famous for its placement possibilities, ranking among the top 2% of all universities worldwide. Over 25,263 foreign students from over 130 countries attend the University of Exeter.
Biggest Reasons to Study at Exeter University
In addition to being an Association of MBAs-accredited university, the University of Exeter is a constituent member of Universities UK, the European University Association, the Association of Commonwealth Universities, and Universities International (AMBA). Among the university’s 70 research centres and institutes include the Institute of Cornish Studies, the Institute of Arab and Islamic Studies, the Marchmont Observatory, the Bill Douglas Cinema Museum, and the Environment and Sustainability Institute. In the top University of Exeter Ranking for British universities, the University is now positioned between 10th and 12th.
The Sunday Times 10-year average rating of British Universities (1998-2007) based on consistent league table performance placed Exeter equal 26th overall in the UK. The highest-paying degree is the full-time MBA programme, which pays graduates an average of 100,000 GBP (INR 9,950,203). The Center for Leadership Studies, which is now part of the University of Exeter Business School, is Europe’s only specialised centre for scholarship in Leadership Studies.
University of Exeter Accessible Courses
The University of Exeter provides 391 undergrad and 128 postgraduate degrees in 40 fields to domestic and foreign students. With over 1500 apprentices, the university is the Russell Group’s top supplier of degree apprenticeships. Programs at the University of Exeter are either entirely online or a combination of online and on-campus delivery. The University of Exeter’s programmes are aimed to offer students with industry-relevant information and skills.
The university has over 70 well-equipped research centres and institutes where academic staff and students conduct research and experiments. Exeter’s four main institutions and six main colleges provide excellent graduate and undergrad areas of research.
Top Research Issues
- Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies
- Migration and Identity
- Extrasolar Planets
- Climate Change and Sustainable Futures
University of Exeter Acceptance Rate
University of Exeter Acceptance Rate: The University of Exeter has an acceptance rate of more than 75%, making it a very selective college. The institution enrolled 27, 296 students in the most recent academic year, with 5,140 (almost 19%) being foreign students from more than 130 countries.
Programs: The institution offers over 200 programmes at the undergraduate and graduate levels in over 25 different academic areas. Arts and Humanities is one of the university’s top-ranked subjects, coming in at #98 in THE rankings.
Acceptance Requirement: Applications for admission to the University of Exeter are free for PG degrees, while applicants for UG programmes must pay GBP 20-25 in UCAS fees. International candidates must have a minimum score of 85% for UG programmes and 60% for PG programmes.
University of Exeter Eligibility Requirements
Undergraduate Level Eligibility Requirements
The institution offers over 100 undergraduate degree programmes in over 25 academic areas, including Accounting and Finance, Business and Management, Computer Science, Nursing, and Psychology. Details about the admissions procedure are provided below.
Admission Fee: 20 GBP (for a single program), 25 GBP (for multiple programs)
- For ICSE/CBSE Board Standard XII, a minimum aggregate of 80% is required.
- West Bengal State Board Class XII requires a score of 70%.
- Other State Board students require an 85%.
UG English Language Proficiency
|Subjects||TOEFL iBT||IELTS (Academic & Indicator)||PTE-Academic|
|General UG & PG Programs||90 (writing & Listening: 21, Reading 22, Speaking 23)||6.5 (sectional 6.0)||58 (51 in communicative skills)|
|Accounting | Business | Economics | English | History | Nutrition and Psychology (including Combined Honours)||90 (writing & Listening: 21, Reading 22, Speaking 23)||6.5 (6.0 in each section)||58 (55 in all skills)|
|BSc Medical Imaging | MSc Nursing and Dual LLB/JD||100 (Writing: 21, Listening & Speaking: 25, Reading 22)||7.0 (6.5 in each section)||65 (58 in all communicative skills)|
|BMBS||110(Writing: 21, Listening & Speaking: 25, Reading 22)||7.5 (6.0 each section & 7.0 in Speaking & Listening sections)||73 (65 in all communicative skills)|
|Biosciences | Environmental Science | Geography | Natural Sciences | Sport Sciences||90 (Speaking: 21 & 18 in all sections)||6.5 (5.5 in each section)||58 (51 in all communicative skills)|
|MSC Nursing||100( Writing: 25, Listening: 21, Reading: 22, and Speaking 23)||7.0( 6.5 in each section||65 (58 in all communicative skills)|
Graduate Level Eligibility Requirements
Graduate courses and research programmes are available at the institution, with the most popular being the MBA, MSc Accounting, MSc Economics, and MSc Mathematics. The following sections address the admission requirements and procedure for graduate programmes at the University of Exeter.
Graduate Standardised Exams
- GMAT: Required in some programmes
- GRE: Required in Business programmes
Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field from a recognised university with a grade comparable to a UK Second-Class honours degree (2:1 or 2:2)
Master’s degree in a related subject, accompanied by a compelling research proposal
|Requirements||MSc Accounting and Finance||MSc Data Science||MSc Business Analytics||MSc Mechanical Engineering||Exeter MBA|
|Tuition Fees (GBP)||25,000||23,450||22,800||23,450||30,000|
|Academic Qualification||Above 60% in UG||Above 60% in UG||Above 65% in UG||Above 60% in UG||Above 65% in UG|
|IELTS | TOEFL-iBT||6.5 (6.0) | 90||6.5 (6.0) | 90||6.5 (6.0) | 90||6.5 (6.0) | 90||7.0 | 100|
Documents Required for University of Exeter Application Procedure
Undergraduate Documents required
- Transcripts of academic work (original and English-translated)
- Personal Statement for UCAS
- Academic references
- Score on the English proficiency test
- Evidence of financial capacity (financial statement)
- A photocopy of a valid passport
Postgraduate Documents required
- Transcripts from universities (original and English-translated)
- Statement of Personal Interest
- CV/Resume (when relevant) (wherever applicable)
- Professional recommendation
- Evidence of job experience (wherever applicable)
- score on the English proficiency test
- Exam results that are standardised (wherever applicable)
- Proposal for research (for postgraduate Research programmes)
- Evidence of financial capacity (financial statement)
- a photocopy of a valid passport
University of Exeter Admission Process
|Applicant||Starting Application||Closing Deadline|
- There are no set deadlines for PG programmes at the university. International students should apply 6 months before the start of the term.
- Applications that are submitted late are more likely to be rejected. In rare circumstances where students obtain an offer letter, financial concerns and immigration processes are likely to suffer.
Process to Apply at University of Exeter
- Register as a new student with UCAS using an active email address.
- Choose the program’s level, the name of the University of Exeter, and the manner of teaching.
- After reviewing the information, click the ‘Apply’ button.
- Begin changing your personal information, residence information, academic qualifications, and so on.
- Attach the supporting paperwork wherever it is asked.
- Sign the statement and submit the form.
When can I expect to hear from the university after submitting my approval process?
The institution sends out admission decisions via email within 20 working days of receiving a full application, including all supporting documentation. Students must satisfy the outstanding requirements outlined in conditional offer letters four weeks before the start of a programme.
Scholarships and Financial Assistance
Is there any financial help or scholarships available?
Exeter University provides merit-based scholarships and need-based financial help to its students. International students, on the other hand, may not be eligible for government-funded financial help initiatives.
Granting Categories for Scholarships
- Undergraduate awards
- Postgraduate awards
- Country specific* awards
- International Summer School awards
Although the institution offers country-specific bursaries and scholarships to many students, there are no awards available to Indian students.
Scholarships for Academic Achievement
International students participating in full-time programmes at Exeter can apply for merit-based scholarships. After filling out their information online, qualified candidates can identify appropriate scholarships on the university’s official website. They can apply for these scholarships after determining which ones are open in real time and completing their qualifying requirements.
Scholarships Based on Programs
To apply for program-based scholarships, students should check with their relevant departments for information on eligibility, award money, needed documentation, and application dates.
Contact Information for the University of Exeter
Address: Stocker Rd, Exeter EX4 4PY, United Kingdom
- General enquiry: + 44 (0) 1392 723405
- Admissions enquiry: +44 (0)1392 723044