- 1 What is the 661 area code?
- 2 Counties Covered by the 661 Area Code
- 3 What time zone is the 661 area code in?
- 4 Telephone Service Providers in the 661 Area Code
- 5 Is the location associated with the 661 area code fixed or can it vary?
- 6 How to make an international call to a phone number with area code 661?
- 7 Location Map of area code 661
What is the 661 area code?
If you’re trying to reach out to people in Bakersfield, Santa Clarita, Lancaster, Palmdale, Delano, Oildale, Wasco, Arvin, Castaic, Rosamond, or any of the other neighboring cities in California, you’ll need to use the area code 661. This code was created on February 12, 1998, after being separated from the 805 area code. It was officially implemented on February 13, 1999.
The 661 area code is currently serving several counties, including Kern County, Los Angeles County, Santa Barbara, Tulare County, and Ventura County. If you’re curious about the major cities within each of these counties that are being served by the 661 area code, take a look at the list below:
Counties Covered by the 661 Area Code
- The 661 area code serves a number of cities in Kern County, including Arvin, Bakersfield, Buttonwillow, Caliente, Delano, Edison, Edwards, Fellows, Frazier Park, Glennville, Keene, Lamont, Lost Hills, McFarland, McKittrick, Mojave, Pine Mountain Club, Rosamond, Shafter, Taft, Tehachapi, Tupman, Wasco, and Woody.
Los Angeles County
- The 661 area code serves a number of cities in Los Angeles County, including Acton, Canyon Country, Castaic, Lake Hughes, Lancaster, Littlerock, Llano, Newhall, Palmdale, Pearblossom, Santa Clarita, Stevenson Ranch, Valencia, and Valyermo.
Santa Barbara County
- The 661 area code serves various cities in Santa Barbara County, including New Cuyama.
- Lebec and Maricopa are two cities in Ventura County that fall under the 661 area code.
- The 661 area code serves several cities in Tulare County, such as California Hot Springs, Earlimart, Posey, and Richgrove.
What time zone is the 661 area code in?
The 661 area code falls under the Pacific time zone, also known as PST, which corresponds to the America/Los Angeles time zone. The standard time in this zone is UTC/GMT -8:00 hours, while the daylight saving time is +1:00 hour.
Telephone Service Providers in the 661 Area Code
If you’re looking to snag a wireless phone in the 661 area code, there are plenty of popular carriers to choose from. Some of the big names include Cingular Wireless, Sprint, Verizon Wireless, T-mobile USA, American Messaging Services, American Messaging (am), The Telephone Connection of Los Angeles, 33 Wireless, Shelcomm, 365 Wireless, Metro PCS, and USA Mobility Wireless.
For those who prefer a landline, there are also a variety of carriers to consider. Pacific Bell, Pac – West Telecomm, 01 Comms, TW Telecom, AT&T Local, Verizon, Verizon California-Ca (gte), Paetec Comm, MCI Worldcom Comms, Brooks Fiber Comms, Level 3 Communications, Broadwing Comms, Bright House Networks Information Services – Ca, Ymax Comms Corp, Arrival Comms, and Bandwidth.com are all popular options.
Is the location associated with the 661 area code fixed or can it vary?
The location of a telephone prefix, such as 661, is always fixed to a specific area. In this case, it’s California. While modern mobile phones typically display the location of incoming calls, older models may not. So, if you need to make or receive a call with a 661 area code, it’s important to keep this in mind.
How to make an international call to a phone number with area code 661?
If you’re trying to call a phone number in the 661 area code from outside the United States, you’ll need to follow a specific dialing pattern. First, you’ll need to dial the international prefix for the United States, which is +1. Then, you’ll need to enter the 661 area code, followed by the local phone number you want to reach.
So, the complete sequence would be: +1 661 [Phone number]. Keep in mind that international calls generally cost more than domestic calls, so you may want to check with your phone company to find out the exact cost of the call. Ultimately, the final cost will depend on the specific phone company you use to make the call.
Additional California Area Codes